What is the most crucial point in a software development life cycle? Well, obviously, every step in SDLC is equally vital. So, how do you go about and collaborate on the development and operations? Then, if you are looking for faster delivery of software with an augmented benefit of faster and easier resolutions to problems? Then probably DevOps is what you need to incorporate into your system. Turning in rather young in the world of Software and development, DevOps is being adopted by most software developers to bridge the gap between in-building communications, integration and collaboration. So, what to learn in DevOps? By the way, do you know the DevOps Syllabus for 2022?
What is DevOps? & Why is it important?
The collaboration between Development teams and Operations leads to a smooth and fast delivery of quality product/s and service/s via DevOps. DevOps as in Development and Operations; Moreover, united efforts of both the teams help in devising stable operating environments that lead to the less complex problems to fix towards the completion.
The top reasons to learn & adopt DevOps
Moreover, with six-figure high salaries and fast job growth, a DevOps career offers plenty of interesting jobs in the market. Further, the scope and future of DevOps appear to be blindingly bright. And, what makes it such an in-demand career? Likely, these benefits of DevOps would cover up for it.
- Smooth communication & better teamwork
- Significant shorter time to a market facility
- Better quality of a product
- More reliable releases
- Improved productivity
- Faster and easier resolutions to every problem
- Fewer chances of rigorous errors
- Improved efficient of product/s & service/s
So, now that we know what is DevOps and how you could benefit by learning it, let’s see what kind of job roles are offered to a DevOps Engineer?
What are job titles for DevOps?
So, Hey DevOps Engineers, you can look for some of these titles to fit into:
- DevOps or Platform Engineer
- DevOps Software Developer
- Build Engineer
- Reliability Engineer
- Release Manager
- Data Analyst
- Security Engineer
- Product Manager
- Automation Architect
Then, What skills are necessary to become a DevOps Engineer?
- QA processes know-how
- System administration expertise
- Programming skills
- Knowledge of the software development lifecycle (SDLC)
- Technical ability to build DevOps-friendly infrastructure
- Also, stay abreast with cutting-edge technologies
Knowing what skills are required to be a DevOps Engineer and what kinds of job roles await you, it is time to traverse into DevOps Syllabus in detail.
DevOps Syllabus 2022
Well, as in any stream, the introduction to the topic is the first and foremost topic. So, the syllabus begins with an Introduction to DevOps.
Module 01: Introduction to DevOps
- What is SDLC?
- Types Of SDLC Methods.
- What is Agile Methodology?
- What is SCRUM Methodology?
- What Is DevOps?
- Need for DevOps Culture.
- What is a Continuous Integration?
- What is Continuous Delivery?
- Benefits Of DevOps
Then, after acquiring an overview, it is important to quickly set and get started with the domain settings. So, modules 2, 3, and 4 will help up you to lay the background and get ready with the platform.
Learn: Module 02 Vagrant Setup
- What is Vagrant?
- Vagrant Basic Commands
- What is a Vagrant File?
- Vagrant File Initialization
- Vagrant Automation
Also, Module– 03 Linux(Centos7/Ubuntu)
- Introduction to Linux
- Basic Commands
- More Commands ( mkdir, cp, mv, touch etc)
- Users and Group
- File permissions
- Ubuntu Based Commands
And, Module: 04 GIT
- Versioning, staging & upstaging
- Branching, Merging, and rebase
- Rollback, reset
- Git ssh login
Want to learn about GIT: Check this.
A few more advanced settings before getting into the groove.
Module 05: Vagrant and Linux File servers
- Vagrant IP, RAM & CPU
- Website Setup
- Website Setup, WordPress
- Automate Website setup
- Introduction to networking and OSI models
- Understanding the networking, IP
- Networking Commands
Then, here begin the DevOps concepts from basics up.
Module 06: Bash Scripting
- Introduction to Bash Scripting
- VM setup
- First Setup
- Sample script
- Command Line Arguments
- System Variables
- Exporting the variables
- user input
- Decision Making
- While Loops
- Writing the shell script to host the website
Next, Module:07 Introduction to Container
- What are containers
- What is Docker
- Hands-On Docker Containers
Learn: Module 08: AWS Infrastructure -1
- What is cloud computing?
- Launching an EC2 and accessing it using CLI
- EBS & Mounting on EBS
- EBS snapshots
- Cloud watch
Further, Module 09- (Cont’d)
More to AWS Infrastructure -1
- EFS & Autoscaling
- RDS & App setup on Beanstalk
- Code commit
- Code build
- Build Deploy and Code Pipeline
Next, Module: 10 Dockers
- Docker installation and commands setup
- Docker logs and Docker volumes
- Building images
- Docker Compose
Module 11: Kubernetes
- Minikube setup for K8s setup
- Kops for K8s setup
- Object and Documentations
- Kube config
- Different levels of logging
Further, Module 12- Continuous Integration using Jenkins
- Introduction to Jenkins
- How to change Home Directory
- How to use Jenkins from the command line
- How to create Users + Manage + Assign Roles
- Jenkins authentication and authorization
Find out the most asked Jenkins questions: Top Jenkins Interview Questions 2022 with Answers (in easy words)
Module-13 (Cont`d) Continuous Integration using Jenkins
- Basic Configurations
- Jenkins integration with GIT (SCM)
- How to add GitHub Credentials
- How to do Automated Deployment
- How to send Email from Jenkins
Module 14 Infrastructure as a Cloud Using AWS
- Introduction to Cloud Formation
- Simple example using Cloud Formation & Intrinsic Function
- Multiple resources, created using the Cloud Formation Template
So, is the DevOps syllabus calling enough? Are you ready to learn from scratch? Then, Zen Class from GUVI is where you need to look further. With this Industry-vetted curriculum, Zen offers 100% placement support and strong personality development coaching with multiple mock and interview drills. You can never be left behind while in Zen Class. Check here for more details.
Have doubts? Please don’t keep them to yourself. Share it. Let us know. So, keep reading!